There was a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Today I will go over the announcements covered in this news video, and will include release dates as well. Keep in mind that some release dates might change due to the current health crisis, so the dates mentioned here are the ones mentioned in the direct. After listing the announcements, I will give a general impression of the Nintendo direct. Here’s what was announced:
- The next DLC character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2: this content releases in March 2021.
- Fall Guys releases in the summer of 2021.
- Outer Wilds: releases in the summer of 2021.
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir and Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind two former japan exclusives (sold separately) releases on May 14, 2021.
- Samurai Warriors 5 releases in the summer of 2021.
- Legend of Mana releases on June 24, 2021.
- Monster Hunter Rise releases March 26, 2021.
- Mario Golf Super Rush releases June 25, 2021.
- Tales From the Borderlands releases March 24, 2021.
- Capcom Arcade Stadium which features multiple Capcom games releases the day of the direct.
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse releases on March 16, 2021.
- No More Heroes 3 releases on August 27, 2021.
- Neon White releases in winter 2021.
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power releases June 4, 2021.
- Plants Vs. Zombies Battle for Neigborville Complete Edition releases on March 19, 2021.
- Miitopia releases on May 21, 2021.
- Super Mario themed items come to Animal Crossing: New Horizons through a free update on February 25, 2021.
- Project Triangle Strategy (working title) from Square Enix, releases in 2022, with a demo becoming available after the direct. Player feedback from the demo will be conducted via a future survey.
- Star Wars Hunters releases in 2021. It is free to play.
- Knockout City releases on May 21, 2021.
- World’s End Club releases on May 28, 2021.
- Hades gets a physical release on March 19, 2021
- Ninja Gaiden Master Collection releases on June 10, 2021.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will get an expansion pass. Purchase bonus comes May 28, 2021, with wave 1 in June 2021, and wave 2 in November 2021.
- Bravely Default II releases February 26, 2021.
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection releases on February 25, 2021.
- SaGa Frontier Remastered releases on April 15, 2021.
- Apex Legends releases on March 9, 2021.
- There is no news for the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. However, more information on that title is expected later this year. In the meantime, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD releases on July 16, 2021.
- Splatoon 3 was announced to come in 2022.
In all, I thought this direct was quite solid. As usual, there were some surprises, as well as some smaller games that some Nintendo fans may not care for. I am curious about Project Triangle Strategy and was very surprised to see Splatoon 3. I thought that sequel wouldn’t come until the Switch’s successor had released, though the planned length of the Switch’s lifecycle could have something to do with this game’s release on this system. Overall, there was something for most Switch owners in this direct, even if the content didn’t match every high expectation on the internet. Personally, I wasn’t expecting Pokémon news until next week, with that week being the 25th anniversary of the series (and that they mentioned that the news would drop throughout that week) so it is no surprise there wasn’t any New Pokémon Snap news here. Let’s hope that the next Direct doesn’t take as long as this one to come around for new game announcements.
That wraps up this Nintendo Direct news. What game are you most excited for? What surprised you the most? Let me know in the comments below! It you liked this news coverage, then click that like button, and share on social media! to keep up with That’s All Games, you may subscribe via Email or WordPress. Until next time, have fun gaming!