So earlier this week on 6/17/2020, there was a surprise news release concerning some new Pokemon products. Here’s a quick look at what they announced:
- Pokemon Smile is a smartphone app that encourages young kids to brush their teeth. It is now available
- Pokemon Cafe Mix is a puzzle game for Switch and mobile. It is free to play, but will be available soon. You can pre-load it now.
- New Pokemon Snap is the sequel to Pokemon Snap on the Nintendo 64. It will be on the Switch, release date not mentioned.
- Pokemon Go will add the Pokemon Victini in Pokemon Go fest and will incorporate the mega evolution feature later this year. Additionally, Galarian Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d are added to Pokemon Go, along with new outfits to celebrate Pokemon Sword and Shield’s Isle of Armor DLC that is now available.
- The Pokemon Zeraora will appear in max raid battles in Pokemon Sword and Shield for one week. If one million players defeat it, everyone gets a shiny Zeraora as a reward.
- A new project will be revealed next week on 6/24/2020.
So with all that in mind, here are my thoughts. Pokemon Smile seems incredibly weird, and felt like an odd way to lead into the presentation. Pokemon Cafe Mix looks ok, but with it not being available yet, and it being free to play makes me wonder if it’ll be any good. New Pokemon Snap was the biggest announcement here, and looks visually stunning. I am very surprised that it is being made at all, but realize this revival of a cult classic is being enthusiastically received. I personally got bored of the original back in the day, but we’ll see if it adds anything to note when it comes out.
The Pokemon Go news is pretty small, and the Zeraora raids sound like fun. I am most curious about the announcement next week. I expect some sort of surprise concerning a side game for the Pokemon series. I do not think it’ll be a new mainline game, or even a new Let’s Go game. If it is a Let’s Go sequel, I expect that is the biggest announcement they could give at this time. I speculate a new mainline game won’t be mentioned until sometime around the release of part 2 of the DLC for Sword and Shield at the earliest. Whatever the announcement, I hope it is good. Until the next news drops, we won’t know, so stay tuned!
So, what do you think the next announcement will be? What do you hope it will be? Are there any games announced here that you are excited for? Let me know in the comments below! If you enjoyed this news article, then click that like button and share on social media. To keep up with That’s All Games, you can subscribe via email. Until next time, have fun gaming!
One thought on “Pokemon News: Pokemon Presents 6/17/2020”
I’m glad you agreed about pokemon smile haha.
The last game I played was moon(?) I think. It was on the 3ds and I didnt like the graphics, they were too 3d (haha 3ds) for me. I guess that is because I am getting old and I reminisce on the days of playing pokemon gold on my gameboy color and that being the perfect pokemon to me.