There was some Nintendo news this week, which includes some news from the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. There wasn’t a ton here, but let’s look at them individually.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass Update Video:
- Most of this video recaps what was already known about the second part of the expansion pass, the Crown Tundra.
- There was a clear shot of Galarian Slowking.
- They recapped the story of the Crown Tundra.
- They recap the Dynamax adventure feature, including a way to obtain every legendary Pokémon from past games.
- There was a note of some Pokémon being exclusive to either Sword or Shield in the expansion pass.
- They recap the Galarian Star Tournament, which is added after exploring the Crown Tundra. In this feature, you team up with a noteworthy character against two other characters from the game in multi-battles.
- Part 2 of the Expansion Pass releases on October 22, 2020.
- On November 6, 2020, a bundle with Pokémon Sword and the expansion pass and a bundle with Pokémon Shield and the expansion pass will be available for purchase. Price not mentioned.
- A promotion to download all eight varieties of Ash’s Pikachu (wearing a different cap), each requiring a different password, was revealed for the coming days.
- 1st password is P1KACHUGET.
- Pokémon Go will be able to transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Home by the end of 2020.
- Doing this transfer will give Pokémon Go players access to the mystery box, granting access to Meltan.
- You also get a Gigantamax Melmetal gift in Pokémon Home for transferring from Pokémon Go.
- This video ends with a music video made in collaboration with Japanese band Bump of Chicken.
Pokémon Expansion Pass Updates from the Official Website:
- For getting the Pokémon Sword and Shield + Expansion Pass bundle, you can download a bonus 100 Pokeballs, as well as codes for the Pikachu and Eevee uniforms.
- Some details about Galarian Slowking are revealed:
- It has a new move, Eerie Spell, which is a psychic move that depletes 3 PP from the target.
- It has a new ability call curious medicine, which resets an ally’s stat changes in double battles when this Pokémon enters battle.
- Dxnamax Adventures has you use rental Pokémon with four players to explore Pokémon dens, and you can swap them with the Dynamax Pokémon you catch there.
- Legendary Pokémon can show up in the dens in Dynamax Adventures.
- A new but hard to come by item, called the ability patch is found in this DLC. It allows you to switch a Pokémon’s ability to its hidden ability, if it has one.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News:
- Steve, from Minecraft is going to be the next DLC character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Another news video on October 3, 2020 will detail more about the character. Release date of this content is currently not known.
And that wraps up this week’s Nintendo news. What did you find most exciting here? Let me know in the comments below! If you enjoyed this news summary, then click that like button and share on social media. To keep up with That’s All Games, you can subscribe via email or WordPress. Until next time, have fun gaming!