This Wednesday, Pokémon gave us some news about the upcoming games, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, as well as the upcoming game Pokémon Legends: Arceus. There were some announcements for other games in the Pokémon franchise as well, so those will be covered in this article too. Not only that, but some details were put on Pokémon’s main website after this presentation that didn’t make it to the video but will be included in this news story. Impressions will be at the end of this article after all details have been rounded up.
Here’s what we have:
- The mobile version of the game will be released on September 22, 2021. Preregistration has begun. If enough players preregister before release, a free Pikachu Unite License will be given to these players if 2,500,000 people preregister, and a special Pikachu Holowear: Festival Style if 5,000,000 players preregister.
- The Switch and Mobile versions can play together.
- Mamoswine and Sylveon will become playable in a future update.
Pokémon Café Remix:
- The game Pokémon Café Mix will be rebranded as Pokémon Café Remix, with various adjustments.
- The change comes in Fall 2021.
Pokémon Masters EX:
- Various events come to Pokémon Masters EX for it’s 2nd year anniversary.
- Starting at the day of the presentation, players can scout up to 100 sync pairs at no cost.
- N and Reshiram will return to the game on August 29th, 2021.
- Another story arc comes on September 15th.
- Login to the game right after the presentation for 3,000 gems.
- Pokémon first found in Galar will be joining the game, on August 20, 2021.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl:
- At a certain point in this game, your Pokémon will follow the player outside of its Pokéball.
- Pokéball stickers return.
- The union room can be used for online or local trades and battles.
- The player character can be customized with custom clothing, as well as hair color and skin-tone.
- Super contests return.
- The underground exploration returns, both with online and local play options, and features new areas called Pokémon hideaways with exclusive Pokémon. The secret base feature returns, where the statues you place influence the appearance of Pokémon in these hideaways.
- These games are available on November 19, 2021.
- A special edition of the Nintendo Switch Lite releases Friday November 5, 2021.
- A Manaphy egg is available to download for early copies of the game.
- Those who get the game digitally can download 12 quick balls.
- Those who get the double pack can download 200 Pokéballs
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- This game releases January 28, 2022.
- The region is known as Hisui (the Sinnoh region in the past).
- Jubilife village is the main base area in the game. The Galaxy expedition team is your headquarters.
- Some new characters include Professor Laventon, Cyllene, and Commander Kamado.
- There are base camps where you can rest, buy items, and craft items.
- The player character can take damage from wild Pokémon.
- There are jobs that people can request of you for rewards.
- Some Pokémon can act multiple times in a row, based on moves used and speed stats.
- On that note, you can use moves in the strong style or agile style.
- Strong style deals more damage, but causes actions to move more slowly.
- Agile style moves deal less damage, but causes actions to move more quickly.
- The game has a user interface to show how turn order might be effected.
- The Pokémon captured need to be reported to the professor to get recorded in the Pokédex.
- Wyrdeer is a new Pokémon that evolves from Stantler, and is a normal/psychic type.
- Basculegion is a new Pokémon that evolves from Basculin. It is a water/ghost type.
- A new type of regional variant, Hisuian Pokémon exist in this game, such as the psychic/flying type Hisuian Braviary, and the fire/rock type Hisuian Growlithe.
- There are additional clothing options in this game as well, including one as a preorder bonus.
- This game does feature a way to trade with other players.
- You can ride on some Pokémon for travel along land, water, and the air.
- Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Legends Arceus will become compatible with Pokémon Home in 2022.
- Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Legends Arceus will not have a ranked battle system, although it is possible to battle with others in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
That is all I managed to find about this game. This presentation certainly made me more interested in both games. I still have a few questions, especially for Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Will either game introduce more new Pokémon? How does Arceus fit into the story of its game? What kind of story progression is in Pokémon Legends Arceus? Can you battle other players in Pokemon Legends: Arceus (as of this writing, that is very unclear)? Can the player character level up and gain more health to endure wild Pokémon attacks better? Is there anything else new to either game? Will features from recent games be included in these new games, such as TRs, hyper training? Will Sword and Shield versions be updated to become compatible with Pokémon introduced in these games? Only time will tell how these games will shape up, but it looks like Pokémon games may go in exciting new directions in the near future.
And that wraps up this news coverage. Which game are you most excited for? What new feature catches your eye the most? Let me know in the comments below! If you liked this news coverage, then click that like button and share on social media! To keep up with That’s All Games, you may subscribe via email or WordPress. Until next time, have fun gaming!